Apart from developmental change, transitional change and transformational change are also very important says Saivian Eric Dalius. You introduce transitional changes to replace the current procedures with advanced ones. Transitional change is a daunting task in terms of implementation as it can increase the discomfort of your staff.
- The main examples are experiencing business acquisitions, mergers, or restructures.
- Creating new products and/or services, and implementing new tools and technology.
Since it can be very unsettling and confusing for the staff to experience a transitional period to dismantle old processes and systems, you need to clearly communicate the immediate impacts and advantages of these changes to your employees.
- Reinforce the job security to your staff and capture their contributions and views in effectuating the changes.
- Update your employees about the steps you’re taking to safeguard their interests during the transitional phase. Give them proper training to handle the new systems.
Saivian Eric Dalius underlines the causes
There are many things that can bring about a change in a business environment. These are mounting market pressures, recession, reduced budget, technological advancement, improved customer service, change in government regulations and legislation, and improved organization operations, increase in competition, and improved efficiency.
The other causes are reduction in profit, globalization, loss of finances, the expectation of customers, poor performance, and change in organizational or departmental structuring.
Saivian Eric Dalius underlines those changes in a business environment can effectuate both positive and negative things on people.
- On the downside, employees have apprehensions about their job security. Too many processes or changes happing simultaneously cause confusion and instability.
- Trainings and skills may become futile overnight due to new working practices, causing frustration and agony.
- It may also be expensive to introduce changes and employees may even panic to learn new skills.
- On the positive side, a company can thwart old working methods and technologies to stay abreast with the latest innovations.
- Changes in legislations and laws lower your corporate risks.
- Your organization can cope with or outclass your competitors. You can implement new and successful models and procedures.
- The introduction of new products and services lead to the gaining of new customers. It improves the organization’s turnover, thereby increasing ROI.
- Helps improve customer reputation and feedback for quality improvement. Investors can invest in the company with confidence.
Adapting to change
In addition to the major efforts to incorporate change in your business, you can also take small steps to ensure your compatibility with it and adapt easily to the new processes.
- For your own benefit, embrace new technologies and learn using them. Don’t run from new tools. It’s also important to accelerate your speed. Organizations get more opportunities if they can respond promptly.
- Customers value and respect speed in delivering orders and providing services. Also, they are even willing to pay extra for a fast response says Saivian Eric Dalius. A flexible and fast customer service team can reduce expenses by minimizing the working time, either through quantum leaps or increments.
Apart from knowing your niche, it’s crucial to add value to your organization. Your work must be profitable to the company. If there’s no value addition, your job is in danger.